How To... Good Vibrations Sexual Education: Dildos
Need a little information before making an informed purchase? Read through our Good Vibrations Sexual Education How To Articles for ideas about choosing the right toy for you, whether it's a vibrator, lube, or any of our high quality sex products.
If you still need help and have questions about the toy in your shopping cart, contact our customer service center at 1-800-BUY-VIBE, email@example.com, or by Live Chat.
Dildo How To Articles
How to Choose a Dildo
- Size matters. Too big can be uncomfortable and too small won’t hit the spot.
- If you know the dimensions of a penis or a toy that has worked well in the past, try something similar.
- You can also use a cucumber or zucchini for an inexpensive way to find the size that’s right for you. Wash it well, find the right size & measure it. All of our toys have measurements listed.
- Width is sometimes more important than length. If a dildo is too long, you can always insert just part of it, but there’s no way to change it if the width is wrong.
- Most dildos have a base that can be used in a harness for hands-free fun.
- Curved dildos are great for G-spot or prostate pleasure.
What are Dildos Made From
- Jelly, PVC, elastomer, softskin, vinyl and rubber dildos tend to be softer and more flexible. They’re also less expensive, so you can try them out. However, they have a tendency to tear after a while and need to be replaced.
- Silicone, glass, wood, and metal dildos are often firmer. They tend to cost more, but they’re more durable and will give you years of pleasure.
How to Clean a Dildo
- Jelly, PVC, vinyl, elastomer, rubber and softskin toys are somewhat porous and difficult to get 100% clean.
- Cover these with a condom, especially for anal play, if more than one person will use it, or if you’re prone to yeast infections. Change the condom if you switch from anal play to vaginal play or if someone else wants to use it.
- Silicone, glass, wood, and metal toys are non-porous and are easier to clean. It’s still a good idea to cover them with a condom if you want to share them or use them for both vaginal and anal use without washing them in between.
- See our Care & Cleaning page for more information.
Note: This image is for reference and may not appear at actual scale.