For Immediate Release
April 13, 2009
Media Contact: Camilla Lombard
Events and Publicity Manager
(415) 974-8985 ext.201
GOOD VIBRATIONS RELAUNCHES WEBSITE WITH SOPHISTICATED
NEW DESIGN, BLOGS, VOD, TWITTER, SURVEYS AND MORE
30 Year Celebration Logo
Good Vibrations Logo
Click to download high res image. Images courtesy Good Vibrations, www.goodvibes.com.
SAN FRANCISCO – (April 13th, 2009): Good Vibrations (www.goodvibes.com), the legendary San Francisco-based company that takes pride in providing accurate information on sexuality and toys for grown-ups, has enhanced its website, goodvibes.com, to feature a whole new look and feel, better searchability, blogs, Twitter surveys, video on demand (VOD) and more.
Good Vibrations executed a soft launch of their site on Friday, March 20th and looked to their customers to Twitter their feedback on the new design. Customers’ comments were entirely positive and now Good Vibrations wants to announce the newly designed site to the world.
Said Good Vibrations Creative Director Steve Duncan, “For over 30 years, our core customer base has been women between the ages of 25 and 65. Our former site simply did not speak to that customer. So we looked to like-minded companies, products and businesses for inspiration. Now, when women and men come to goodvibes.com, they will see themselves reflected in the overall aesthetics of the site. It’s sensual, modern and fresh.”
On the tech side, the refreshed site features:
- A robust and dynamic portal that focuses on product categories for all types of customers (gay, straight, couples, transgender, etc.)
- Blogs, magazine articles and educational information that offers up-to-the minute news and information about sex and sexuality
- Seasonal surveys: the site will feature surveys to coincide with seasonal promotions, encouraging customers to share their opinions
On the design side, the site features the following upgrades:
- An entirely new logo, color palate and graphic design
- More links to seasonal and permanent promotions and events
- A greater focus on women and couples in the featured products and special offer
Said Sharon Lee, Director of Online and Retail Visual Merchandising, “Our goal was to have the customer get inspired and get in the mood. And we wanted them to have a fun shopping experience too. We feel that with this new, sexier look and user-friendly design, we can meet that goal.”
In the coming months, the new Good Vibrations site will feature a series of educational videos called “HOT TOPICS.” This series of ten 3-minute educational and entertaining videos are hosted by Dr. Carol Queen and will offer sexy tips and tricks to viewers including:
- How to Choose a Vibrator
- How to Choose a Dildo
- Introduction to Strap-On Sex
- Tips and Tricks for Safer Gay and Lesbian Sex
- Introduction to Erotic Massage
- Introduction to BDSM
About Good Vibrations
Good Vibrations is the San Francisco-based retailer trusted for more than three decades to provide a comfortable, safe environment for finding sex-positive products and educational materials to enhance one's sex life. Good Vibrations offers its products through its retail stores, mail order catalog and its ecommerce website at www.goodvibes.com.